Saturday, October 4, 2014

It has been 18 months since I lasted updated this blog. Running a business alone can be very time consuming. Especially, when you are just starting out. I just couldn’t find the time to update here regularly. But, now I have made a promise to myself to devote enough time to blogging along with my other activities. And I would like to apologise to all those who have visited my blog regularly looking for new posts………..

A lot has happened in the last year. I have a fairly robust business with many people having become regular buyers. It is motivating and satisfying to know that people actually enjoy the products that I love making.
The biggest change has been that I have stopped doing flea markets. There are several reasons for this. 

Apart from the fact that I do not have the time or the stamina (I am 54, after all), the most important is that it does not make smart business sense to do so. Stalls at the flea markets cost a pretty penny and after a 12 hour stint at one of them, I may come away having got rid of a good amount of stock, but I don’t land up making much money. I have also realised that most shoppers at flea markets are not serious buyers. They are there to try out something different, something new. I have nearly never had a repeat order from a shopper at a flea market. So, it does not make good marketing sense for me to participate in them. It was fun when I started and I got to share my passion with a live audience. It is hard work with very little payback………..


I sell primarily through Facebook currently and love it. I have introduced a lot more products besides soaps. My body butters, clay cleanser, scrubs and shampoo bars have become extremely popular. Getting to launch a new product for hair. Call it what you may, a conditioner, a solid oil, hair mousse, hair soufflĂ©, hair food………I have personally used it a few times already and absolutely love it on my coloured, abused, dry hair. I bet it will do a better job on hair that has been looked after. It helps hair stay absolutely tangle free, encourages hair regrowth and prevents hair fall. You can use it before shampooing like oil or just put a tiny bit on towel dried hair or use it as a pomade to keep your hair in place. Ideal for men to use in place of gel…..

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog... I am hobby diyer...and tried a melt n pour once.... from where do u get ur butters n oils.... so many on Amazon...which ones r pure n good... how abt a post abt resources where u get the supplies... some simple easy diys

    ReplyDelete